About Me

My photo
I aim to improve the lives of Americans by helping them attain affordable, 24/7 access to top-notch attorneys for as little as *$26/month (*costs differ slightly by state). I aim to bridge the gap by promoting Justice for All (as opposed to Justice Exclusively for the Wealthy). Don't just know your rights, have 24/7 access to them.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Opening the Safe

Imagine for a moment that I give you a safe containing $50 million dollars. I say to you that it's yours -- and rest assured, it is. However, you quickly realize that there is absolutely no way to get into the safe without the combination. But I haven't given you the combination-- that isn't my problem. You see, I said that the money was yours; I never promised to help you access it. 

Consider your rights as the riches inside of that safe. As an American, you are entitled to a certain set of rights. But having rights is not the same as having access to rights. I assure you, you don't want to wait until you need them to realize that you don't have access.
Less than 10% of the American population can afford a $400/hr attorney to grant them full access to their rights when they need them. Approximately 10% of Americans fall so far below the poverty line that in grave situations, the courts will appoint to them an attorney, gratis. 


But what about the 80% of Americans who do not fit into either of the aforementioned categories? What about the average American who needs help preparing his or her will, or fighting a traffic ticket? What about the American who needs assistance reading over a contract, or who is being taken advantage of by an individual or a corporation but cannot afford to make a $400 phone call?

America is a country that promises justice for all. Not justice for all of the richest and the poorest. Justice for All. 

It is my job, my duty and my pleasure to help others do what I was able to do for myself: Open the safe.




Innately Yours,


Lady Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment